Monday, November 4, 2013

NaBloPoMo

I was scrolling through my favorite blogs while waiting on Jackson at music therapy, and I stumbled on a post about how to survive NaBloPoMo. My first reaction was, "ooooh, is that a disease I have never heard of? I have to click." Turns out it's not a disease but a challenge. November is National Blog Posting Month. I know, right? Who knew? I didn't. In case you haven't heard of it either, it's a challenge to bloggers to post once a day for the month of November. I'm a little behind already, but I think I might want to be in on this. So, sorry to my followers who follow for quality content. Alright now, I can pretend I have followers who are not related to me who follow for quality. I can pretend anything, like how super hot I look in my giant sweatshirt, pony tail, skinny jeans and bear claw boots right now. Anything is possible in my head. However, I do feel the need to warn you this might be a shallow, silly month.

Anyway, after I discovered that NaBloPoMo wasn't a disease, I started to go through all my saved drafts and see what I could salvage and make notes for other ideas. Then I actually read the rest of the post I clicked on. Yes, I'm one of those surfers. It's the millennial generation in me. I have a very difficult time paying attention online. Where was I? Oh, yeah. So, I used one of the suggestions and googled writing prompts. I'm in heaven! I really think I should have been a writing major. I scrolled through post after post of creative writing assignments and prompts, I was almost giddy thinking about trying all of them. Then I started thinking I should do them with my kids. Then I came to my senses and realized they would HATE me if I tried to do that, but that doesn't mean I can't grab one of those ideas and run with it. So, here is my first post committing to writing 30 posts this November. One a day. First a disease, then a vitamin. I think it works.

So, here's hoping this doesn't turn out to be another one of those things I jump into and then abandon because I never learned how to juggle. November is a crazy month. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment