Thursday, November 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday


This photo is from about a year ago. It is a photo of my daughter on a particularly long, yucky day, and it perfectly depicts the level of exhaustion I feel right now. Besides death or serious disease, I can't really think of how this day could have gone worse. Nothing went as planned. I felt frustrated and stressed out most of the day, and I spent quite a bit of it grumbling to myself about how I have to do so much by myself. We tease Jackson about sounding like Eeyor from Winnie the Pooh. Well, that was me today, except moving around really fast like Tigger at the same time. What was the plan?

Well, it's the Thursday before a Saturday race. The half marathon I've been training for for months. This Thursday was supposed to be eating and relaxing, giving my body that last little boost before the race. What did I do in stead? Too much!!! And, I'm hungry. However, in the spirit of the season, I should look back on the last half marathon I signed up for and didn't get to race due to a combo of illness and injury.

Tomorrow, Lord willing, I will travel to one of my favorite cities to race one of the most popular race series in a distance I've yet to conquer. I'm healthy and, as of the typing of this post, uninjured. I may not reach my time goal, but by George, it's happening! So, I'm gonna say a little thank you to my God and my body for putting up with me today, and I'm gonna lay down and close my eyes. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment