Sunday, August 15, 2010

If I Could Just Touch the Hem of His Garment



"A certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, and had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing better, but rather grew worse, when she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole." Mark 5:25-28

This past week has been especially harried and busy. The new school year, baseball, new therapies and a new schedule along with more personal and family struggle has left me once again trying to find my way through the maze that is my life. This week I have often felt like I was running just to catch myself. In a moment of overwhelming desperation, I cried out to God for intervention. In this prayer I found myself asking to touch the hem of His garment. If I could just get close enough to touch Him, I knew I would be be ok.

That's when I went back to this story and read it again. I needed to know how. This is what God laid on my heart.

Forget all you know and all you've learned about your situation. Come to Jesus with empty hands seeking not to bargain or purchase His favor. Seek Him as your only hope knowing that seeking answers in yourself and other people will only make you worse. Push through the crowd, through their judgment and opinions. Reach for Him not caring if you get trampled in the process. You are not too insignificant for Him to care. Your problem is not too small for Him to notice. He is here. Reach out and touch Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment