Thursday, September 9, 2010

More Barbecue Please

Late September, early October is the best time for barbecue, in my opinion. Of course, to my husband and oldest son, any time is a good time for barbecue. This however has been a particularly difficult thing for us to figure out corn-free. Then it happened. I discovered corn-free ketchup and worcestershire sauce.




Now, my husband is usually the one who handles the smoking of the butt (pork butt roast), and I'm not at liberty to divulge his rub mixture. I can, however, share the best barbecue sauce recipe we've found.

You can find the original here.

Neely's BBQ Sauce (plus my specifications for certain products)

2 cups Hunts or Heinz 100% Natural Ketchup (see picture above)
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 tbsp light brown sugar
5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp ground mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Lea & Perrin's Reduced Sodium Worcestershire Sauce (see picture above)

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about an hour, stirring frequently.

Super yummy with chicken or pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment