Thursday, February 16, 2012

Orange Juice Smoothie



I wanted to figure out a smoothie type drink that Jackson would enjoy (i.e. fruit and yogurt but no pulp or seeds). I found several orange julius copy recipes online that sounded pretty easy, but I wanted it to have a little more nutritional value. So, I removed the extra sugar and added some vanilla yogurt. I would have used plain if I had had it on hand, but this was a spur of the moment deal.

1 Can Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice (100% Natural)
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Water
1 Cup Organic Yogurt
1 tsp Natural Vanilla extract
10 to 15 Ice Cubes
 And a little whipped cream on top.

It was a HIT! Jackson drank every last drop, and I enjoyed mine, too. We'll be trying this with grape juice next.

Makes about 5 Cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment