Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Pinterest Success: Pizza Waffles

You know those things you see on Pinterest and think, cool idea, but after you try it you realize it's just a poorly thought out theory. Or, at least, for someone with your skill set. Well, I saw this cool idea on Pinterest.


Pizza rolls on the waffle iron? Awesome. I had to try it. The pin used biscuit dough which isn't possible for my kiddo. So, I used premade pizza dough from the grocery store. I rolled it out, and cut circles out with a biscuit cutter.

Yes, I smooshed the handle pushing down on the dough.
Why is the handle even there? I usually push down on the sides anyway.

Then I filled it with marinara, cheese and whatever toppings each person wanted.

How cute is that little pizza? I almost wanted to stick it in the oven,
but onto the waffle iron it went.

I put spinach and garlic in mine. The kids wanted bacon and/or ham. I did a few with just sauce and cheese.

This was my tester roll, the one I put on there to see
if it would explode or otherwise ruin my waffle iron.
Success! It did not explode OR ruin my waffle iron.
Super yummy, and easy enough the kids can do it.

I'm excited that I had a Pinterest success, and that this is potentially something I can make and send with my crazy picky daughter for school lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment